My consultancy work has encompassed a wide range of activities for university-level institutions, legal professional associations and regulatory agencies, including advice on curriculum design, pedagogic innovation and quality assurance; strategic analysis and planning; evidence- and policy-based research, and departmental strategic review.
I have experience of both solo projects and working as part of a team.
Sample projects and clients include:
- Review of the Professional Legal Training Course – New Zealand Council of Legal Education
- Analysis and review of results of the first consultation on the Training Framework Review – Law Society of England and Wales (with Andy Boon)
- Review of the training contract and work-based learning – Law Society of England and Wales (lead consultant, with Mike Maughan and William Purcell)
- Integrating and demonstrating benchmark skills on the International LLB Programme – University of London (with David Baume)
- Periodic faculty review, Law – University of the West Indies (panel chair)
- Legal education market analysis – undisclosed clients
- Student support officer role analysis and evaluation – Kingston Law School (UKCLE consultancy)
- International legal consultant – Taiwan Legal Information Institute
- Comprehensive Review of Legal Education (with Justice KH Woo and Prof ATH Smith) – Standing Committee on Legal Education and Training (Hong Kong)
To discuss your requirements, please contact me: